How Much Does the Mobile App Game Development Cost ?
The development of mobile games may be a booming market. quite 2.4 billion smartphone gamers are going to be available worldwide by the top of 2020, consistent with estimates. And this figure would only increase with new technologies like Augmented Reality (AR) and computer game (VR).
The most downloaded applications are mobile games. Although thousands of games in app stores are available, developing a mobile game app still offers an opportunity for generating long-term revenue.
But how much does mobile gaming cost? Well, the cost estimate for game development depends on many factors such as the type, design, plot, testing, etc.
Overview of Mobile Gaming Market
- In the United States, there are over 203 million mobile gamers
- More than 50% of global gaming revenues are generated by mobile gaming.
- More than 72 percent of US mobile phone users play games on their phones
- In 2021 it should be $106.4 billion for the mobile games industry
- 49% of mobile gamers spend money on mobile games
Various Factors Affecting the Mobile Game Development Cost
Various considerations have to be taken into consideration when developing a mobile game app.
1. Game Story, Plot, and Characters
Every entertaining game app is concentrated on stories. you would like a beautiful story and character if you would like to stay the player busy until the top of the sport . It requires the planning and interaction of individuals , dialects, and tones of various characters.
This method requires a considerable amount of contact between the developer of the game and the professionals. This is why it would be a smart idea to employ a developer in-house or on-shore. An experienced game developer would charge anywhere from $100 to $150 an hour.
The design of a mobile game is multi-layer. the sport levels, target users, gameplay and game environment are envisaged during this process. this is often a critical stage and must be administered with care . Your game app will make tons of errors and bugs without an accurate design plan.
Many professionals, including game artists, architecture, UX, and UI designers, are involved in the entire design and development process. These professionals can charge between $150 and $250 per hour depending on their experience and expertise.
3. Game Categories and Genres
The next step is to start designing your game app once you get through the above levels. This is the key and most costly process. If you create a casual gaming app, a social gaming app, or a simulation app is a big part of the costs of the mobile game app.
Game apps can be graded depending on their complexity:
- Mini-Games: Mini or casual games are simple solitary games, where no special skills are needed to play. You will get about $20,000 for playing basic games like Ping Pong. However, you might need to set a budget of about $5,000 if you want to add any additional features such as graphics or if you have higher expectations for your gaming app.
- Casual 2D Games: These are the small budget games with 2D and soundtrack basic graphics. Although these are basic 2D games, they deliver a great rate of user interaction and scale-up. This category includes games such as Red Ball and Stack. The development of these types of games may cost you between $50,000 and $100,000.
- Social Games: Multiple users on social media platforms like Facebook play these games. Social gaming applications are like browser games that have restricted access to user information. These games are usually built with SDKs that are provided by social media platforms. A social media game like Farmville can cost from $100,000 to $250,000.
- Mid-level Games: Some popular Angry Birds games fall under this category. These mobile games have various levels, features, backgrounds, and good graphics. The range and depth of the fabric develop the playback skills and include players for extended periods. you’ll are ready to create those games from $250,000 up to $700,000.
- Business Game Applications: Modern organizations use mobile games to strengthen their team building activities. Mobile games are employed by businesses as an indoor tool to enhance contact and promote innovation and luxuriate in the whole workplace. The applications for business games are designed to involve an outsized number of individuals carefully. These are the games with an exciting plot, graphics, animation, game levels, music, and accessibility on a multiplayer basis. Furthermore, mobile games for businesses and SMEs can be crafted to label the business in a special way, become a lead generator, and close even more sales. To create this type of game, you need an expert mobile app development company. Business game applications usually cost between $250,000 and $550,000. If you are looking for a customized mobile game app for your company, you can contact us.
- High-level Games: These games need a big budget, but you can make great rewards if you meet the right audience. These games need to be designed carefully, strategy and complete plan. It will take more than one year for these games to be fully developed and published. Since the costs of making these games are very high, expert developers should be employed. You can spend between $400,000 and $1,000,000 to develop a high-end mobile game.
4. Game App Testing
The testing process is just as critical as development when it comes to mobile game applications. The error tolerance of the game is little to no for gamers.
A buggy, sluggish game nobody likes. this is often why it’s important to form sure the sport is running smoothly and simply and provides an upscale user experience.
Generally, as part of the project life cycle, the game app development company will provide testing services. You just have to hold a budget to test.
5. Marketing of Your Game App
Okay, so that doesn’t mean it’ll reach the market alone because you have created a great game app. You must make marketing efforts to turn your application into a viral one.
In order to improve popularity and rankings in the Apple and Google Play stores, which are also known as App Store Optimization (APO), you also need to budget to accurately market your mobile app.
You are able to develop your first mobile game application? you’ll contact AppMomos if you’re trying to find a trustworthy development partner capable of implementing these applications. We are an award-winning mobile development company with mobile game development services all-inclusive.