How Artificial Intelligence in Education Adhere Future of Students?
The education sector is one of the primary areas in which every civilized nation is working prominently to provide a prosperous future to their youth. However, with technology exposure, it is becoming a challenge for educators and parents to develop a stimulating learning environment. Additionally, when some intellectual educationists introduced artificial intelligence in education 2019 concept, then a new flow in the smart generation students can be observed.
AI is the capability of a machine to imitate human intelligence using different algorithms, tools, and technologies. The emergence of artificial intelligence and machine learning education tools has started a new debate in the education industry that how can artificial intelligence in education help in sustaining the future of the school as well as higher education students?
10 Roles of Artificial Intelligence in Education
There’s no doubt that the current education system needs a push so that futuristic learning experience can be offered to students of all ages. Artificial intelligence in education is turning out to be one of the most appropriate education technologies by far.
AI will uplift the US education by 47.5% from 2017-2021 as per data shared by Artificial Intelligence Market in the US Education Sector.
The role of artificial intelligence in education is gigantic both in the school level and higher education level that demand of highly AI trained programmers has increased tremendously. To understand the extent of AI on your child’s future, look at 10 roles of artificial intelligence in education that can make the education system simpler.
- Simplified Grading System:In colleges and schools, it is a very tedious task for teachers to grade large lecture courses. Moreover, when teachers of lower classes have to grade their students, then this takes up even more time as they don’t get significant time to teach, interact and provide additional assistance to their students.Thus, it is observed that by introducing artificial intelligence in the school curriculum, the grading time can be reduced that teachers can use to prepare for class and use different teaching techniques. Not only schools but college teachers can use AI in multiple ways like to automate grading for multiple choice and fill in the blank type of questions. The artificial intelligence in education current uses and future applications will develop an automated grading system that will be void from any sort of biased decisions. However, currently, easy grading software is scarcely found, but at the pace, AI is used in the education system, the day won’t be far when they will be found everywhere.
- Simpler Admission Process:The admission process for both the students and teachers is a very complicated process. There are plenty of different applications, forms, and documents that the admin department has to scan and authorize before accepting the admission application of a student. Moreover, in the case of foreign students, the admission process becomes even harder as multiple visa processes need to be performed.For college students, the admission process might be less difficult because they are grown enough to handle it, but for school students and their parents, this will be hard. Thus, artificial intelligence for school students will be simpler as course registration, schedule, and other school activity curriculum will be processed automatically. Additionally, universities and schools can provide customized for students.
- Personalized Teaching :It has been advocated by educators from ages that educational institutions should create customized courses for students according to their capabilities. That’s because the learning ability of every student is different, but a teacher can’t adapt different teaching methods for a class of 30 students. Using AI numerous companies like Content Technologies and Carnegie Learning have developed a platform where grades, tests, and feedback of every student are processed to identify gaps and redirect new techniques to teach students.As the standard of AI is improving every other day, there won’t be long software available that can read expressions of the students and modify lessons as per students’ responses. With AI-powered tools, the idea of the automated curriculum will be viable in the future.
- Intellectual Learning Courses :Artificial intelligence for school students as well as for college students is useful as it will help identify the gaps between courses. Teachers can’t always identify gaps between the course material that can leave students confused instead of informed. AI will solve this problem by providing an automated access platform.For instance, when a large number of students failed to pass in the assignment, then AI-based software will alert the teacher and provide customized solutions to decrease the difficulty level of the assignment. This way teacher can remove gaps in the courses and make them simpler for future students.
- Additional Tutoring :We can’t say that human tutors will be not required anymore, at least yet, but the future might adhere to AI tutors that only teach in zeros and ones. Some technology companies have already started the process of developing artificial intelligence-based tutoring programs to teach basic mathematics, writing and other subjects. These programs can teach fundamental concepts to students, but for creativity and thinking – human tutors are still required.But, we can’t rule out future possibilities yet as multiple high tech artificial intelligence development companies are working towards achieving this goal. This AI tutoring will help in filling the education gap as high skilled human tutors can’t reach everywhere. So, in remote localities, AI tutors can provide education to students easily.
- Feedback Oriented TeachingApplications of artificial intelligence in higher education and school curriculum bring a feedback based teaching system. The teachers can customize courses based on feedback retrieved from the students so that the success of the course can be determined. Some educational institutions, especially online ones are using the AI system to analyze the progress of students and notify teachers when there’s any problem with students’ performance.This structure provides adequate help to the students when they actually need it. Some advanced AI programs are assisting in creating an area where the weaknesses and strengths of students are analyzed to improve their performance.
- Retrieval of Information :Today, it is very important for students to acquire authentic information from the giant pool of information. AI logics have given a structure to students that can be used to get quick information. Google has adopted AI to offer location-based results, Amazon uses previous buyers data to provide recommendations, Apple’s Siri is trained to take commands and currently all web ads are based on your preferences and previous searches.It is an information retrieval structure that students need today to find relevant study materials. AI-powered libraries are the demand of the present time from where students can get desired information quickly.
- Improves Retention Rate of StudentsFor higher education students, it is highly difficult to select the field of studies because there are various streams available, but which one is ideal for you? It’s the main question. That’s why the number of college dropouts increases every year as students pick the wrong academic field. So, here artificial intelligence for school students can be useful as it will analyze all the academic grades, interests and future opportunities for a student before suggesting the right higher education field.When all the red flags and warning signs are drawn by students, then they will less struggle academically. It will eventually improve the students’ retention rate in college and increase the number of graduates.
- Pressure Free LearningSome students can’t perform well under the intense pressure of their peers or respected teachers. They feel overwhelmed under the authorities’ guidance and fails due to their incompetent capability of performing under pressure. Intelligent computer learning can be less daunting for students and eliminate their fear of failure. AI teaching can provide a way to learn that is free from any sort of judgment. Artificial Intelligence is ideal for trial and error style learning where students learn themselves at their own pace.
- Teaching Outside the ClassroomIn an hour class, it is very difficult for a teacher to address queries of a full class. Sometimes students require little extra tutoring on difficult topics like algebra or science. So, if the intelligent program is adopted by schools or universities, then teachers can provide extra guidance to students outside the classroom as well. For instance, schools can record lectures of professors and upload online from where students can watch lectures anytime by pausing, repeating and forwarding again and again.AI is a blessing for parents who are struggling to help their children in the homework. Learning and teaching programs are becoming highly advanced due to AI and soon there will time when a variety of learning styles will be profound by artificial intelligence.
Applications of Artificial Intelligence in Higher Education:
If you are thinking teachers and AI programmers don’t pair well together, then you will be proven wrong with the following examples.
Thinkster Math – It is an AI-based Math tutoring app that personalized teaching style. Each student is assigned a behind the scene tutor that will closely observe the mental process of a student via a screen.
Brainly – It is a social media platform to address classroom queries such as homework questions and automatic, and verified answers from fellow students. Brainly has experts on a variety of subjects.
Mika – This AI tutoring tool offers a portal to students who are too busy for after school learning and don’t get personal attention among the crowded classrooms. It is the best application of artificial intelligence in higher education.
Future of Artificial Intelligence in Education
The depth study of artificial intelligence in higher education current uses and future applications have broadly implied that AI is the future of education. The small freckles of artificial intelligence in education can be seen presently already, however, in the future, AI-based learning will be the focal point of every educational institution. Simply, because AI improves the level of education and train students for the future, thus, to sustain the future of the students – artificial intelligence solution is the must.